Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/21: Still waiting in the DR

Date: Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hi all,

I've always considered myself a very patient man but now find waiting very challenging and even frustrating. The worst part in waiting here in the DR is the fact that I don't speak the language and need to find someone to translate anything I need to say, or to take me around to find pharmacies and anything else I might need.

A couple of weeks ago Yakini told me that there are doctors in Haiti now. Although the doctors here at Dario Contreras advised me not to move mom for three months, Yakini and I agreed that I should take my parents back to Haiti to get care which could be much easier for me. But because of their conditions (my parents), especially mom, with her crushed hip, I've asked Yakini to make some calls to those organizations on the ground in Haiti, to find out where they are located and is there a better way of transport then how we came here in the DR. Keep in mind that each question takes a couple of days to get an answer to.

Anyway, Yakini found the where, in a place called Cange near the province of Hinche, Hospital La Sante.

Now I'm waiting to find the answer to the second question, but if there's no response from any of the organizations by Monday the 22nd I'll have to find someone to help me find the right bus and border as there are several ways that bords the Island.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let you all know why am still here in the DR and how things are going.


Coffy

No comments:

Post a Comment