Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Claude Nady frère de Tuoco Bouzi (found)

.
From: Marie Nady
To: Yakini Ajanaku
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 11:52 AM

Friday night while at work, I decided to try and stop worrying about my father. Instead I decided to try to hold positive thoughts about him As soon as I made that decision, I heard a small voice say 'google him'. I heard it and thought 'that's a good idea maybe later'. Then I heard it again, more insistently, 'GOOGLE HIM'.

So I did. I had to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen before I saw his name. But there it was, HIS NAME. I clicked on the website and started trying to read it. It was written mostly in French. I started getting frustrated as I don’t read French very well. But I kept trying. And then I saw this:

Claude Nady frère de Tuoco Bouzi (found)

I couldn’t believe it. It had to be him, because I remember Tuoco (my very very handsome uncle who was a well-known drummer in Haiti). OMG! So, I called a number from the website and reached a woman who happened to be a state representative. Because it was late at night, she asked me to email her the next day with my info. When I got home from work the next morning, I could barely sleep. I woke up (after only 3 hours of sleep) and found a message from her stating that she had forwarded my info to the people from the website. They in turn got in touch with my uncle Touco. Then Touco called me. He told me

that my father is fine. He is living with his sister and that they are both absolutely fine. This happened on Friday. It took another two days to get through and finally speak with my father. It was so good to finally hear his voice. He was able to get out of his apartment when the first quake hit. His apartment was damaged but not destroyed, but of course it is uninhabitable. As most people in Haiti, he's been sleeping outside. I can't imagine having to live through that.

Thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts.

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment